LLAB 3 – C/Starks

For LLAB 3, the detachment took its first trip to Mt. Pleasant. The cadets participated in the Leadership Reaction Courses, honing their leadership and followership skills and getting to know each other better. For some of our cadets, this was their first exposure to leading in an AFROTC environment, and for all cadets, this was their first leadership exercise this semester. I was the POC in Charge (POCIC) for this LLAB thus I was in charge of organizing and overseeing all moving parts of our trip to Mt. Pleasant, including the setup of the LRCs, transportation, delegation of duties, and more. While this tasked me with a lot of work, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of being the POCIC and watching as the event I organized helped develop the GMC cadets into better leaders.

AFROTC has dramatically influenced my time here at Cornell. While it is a time commitment with the PT sessions, the classes, and the preparation for each event, I believe that it has been worthwhile to my training for officership and my development as a person. It has granted me skills and lessons that I can use as a student every day. It has surrounded me with like-minded individuals who will become lifelong friends. I’m grateful for how AFROTC has impacted my college experience.